Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Cards for Grandma

This card is one of a bunch I am working on for my Grandma. While my grandparents and great aunts all have email, they still prefer written correspondence. What better way to inspire this ancient art than beautiful bella cards?! My fellow bella sistah Norricia sent me causeabella images, and I thought they were perfect for making my grandmother cards, since she recently survived breast cancer. I made only four of these, and I am working on others to add. I have too extra card bases, and think I will use grumpabella. Then I am altering a candy box my bella sistah Sandie Larson gave me to make a card holder. I will post when I finish. I sure hope my grandmother is surprised and enjoys these cards.
I used CTMH Chocolate and white daisy. The Chocolate cardstock is embossed with a sizzix texture plate, and sanded with sp from my CTMH distressing kit. The DP is either wild asparagus or My mind's Eye. I bought a giant paper pack with a mix of both last year at Costco. I sure hope they have another one this summer. It was 300 pieces of dp for $11.00, can't beat that with a stick.

No comments: